Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet n Sour Stir Fry

I almost feel guilty every time I fix stir 
fry for supper. My husband does not like rice.
Therefore, he is not a big fan of stir fry.

I thoroughly enjoy rice and stir fry's
so I make it every once in awhile.

This is a favorite of mine:
Pan fried chicken, green beans,
and water chestnuts smothered
in a homemade sweet n sour sauce
served on a bed of rice.


Fry your chicken pieces in butter and garlic.


Simmer until green beans are soft.


Ready for me to enjoy.


Sweet n Sour Stir Fry

8 chicken thighs cut in pieces
2 Tbsp. butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups frozen green beans
1- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts

Sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tsp. corn starch
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. chopped pimento
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/4 tsp. pepper

Melt butter in skillet and add chicken pieces.
Sprinkle with garlic and salt. Fry uncovered until golden brown.
Remove from skillet. Add sauce ingredients and cook until thick.
Add chicken and vegetables into skillet. Cover and simmer until
the green beans are soft, but crunchy.
Serve over rice.

Enjoy,
Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment