Friday, April 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

I had the day off today-
and was excited about being home
with nothing I had to do.

I kept my sweet, little nephews,
baked a cake, and made peanut
butter Easter eggs for our neighbors.


 Form eggs and double coat in chocolate.


Set in freezer between layers, then trim access chocolate off the bottom.


Place on a new sheet of wax paper for drizzling.


Melt white chocolate and color with light, spring colors.


Cut an egg open to make sure it's okay for eating and...


... give it to your nephew to eat in one bite.


Place on plates and give to your neighbors, family or yourself.
Whatever you choose in the spirit of giving.


Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

3 1/2 cups 10x sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together with hands until blended. Set in fridge for 
10 -15 minutes to firm. Use a 1/3 cup measure to form
egg size. Place on waxed paper and set in freezer until firm.
Dip in melted chocolate, return to freezer until hardened
and dip again. Melt white chocolate and color to your liking.
Drizzle eggs. (I cut a small hole in the corner of a 
sturdy plastic bag and use it as a piping bag.
That way you can throw away the bag when
you are done drizzling.)

Makes 14 eggs.

Happy Easter,
Hope


"He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen.
Come, see where his body was lying."
Matthew 28:6

1 comment:

  1. Definitely making these for Easter! I have been looking for a good recipe for these, I misplaced mine. I made them for the kids when they were little and I think it's time again! Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete