Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Anyone out there tired of turkey?
I can actually say that I am.
We had turkey Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
And... I had turkey for lunch today.
So how was your Thanksgiving weekend?
Ours was a blessed one filled
with family and food.

Thanksgiving day we had a dinner
at Joshua's parents and Friday evening
I had my family for a meal.

 We are a blessed people who have
been given much. A rich heritage,
a land of plenty and the freedom of worship.
What are we doing with our blessings?
These verses came to my mind...

Peter asked, “Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”
The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, 
whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give
them their food allowance at the proper time?  
It will be good for that servant whom the master 
finds doing so when he returns. 
I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.  
But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is
taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat 
the menservants and maidservants and to eat and drink and get drunk. 
The master of that servant will come on a day when he does 
not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 
He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.
“That servant who knows his master’s will and does not get ready or 
does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.
But the one who does not know and does things deserving 
punishment will be beaten with few blows. 
From everyone who has been given much, 
much will be demanded; 
and from the one who has been entrusted 
with much, much more will be asked.

Luke 12:41-48

We have been given much... 
are we following the Master's will?


I managed to take a few photos
of the dinner I had at my house.
I was too busy to take photos of the food.





Favor boxes I found in the clearance aisle at Walmart.
I made personalized tags with a bible verse about
being thankful- then each guest read their verse.





I bought the children a ginger bread house kit and
let them decorate it all by them selves.


I'm Thankful,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment