Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cajun Chicken with Avocado

I noticed that avocados were on sale at two 
grocery stores this week so I stocked up. I wanted 
to make chicken with fresh avocado topping
and came up with this. The first time I made this Josh
was concerned that I didn't put it on the blog.
So, this evening I wrote down the recipe
while I made it. When he took his first bite
he said, "this will be a hit on the blog."
Funny he is and sweet, too.



  Sprinkle chicken with seasonings and let set a few minutes.
Heat oil in skillet and fry until done.



 Serve on a bed of cheesy potatoes.


Cajun Chicken with Avocado

10 small chicken breast

2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Mix together Cajun, salt and pepper. Sprinkle on both sides
of the chicken and let set a few minutes. Heat a 1/8" canola
oil in a skillet and fry chicken on medium heat until done.
About 4 minutes per side.

3 large avocados, cubed
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 juice of a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and put in fridge so flavors can set.

Cook some cubed potatoes in butter, salt and pepper.
When soft add a few slices of white cheese, (provolone or farmers).
Pour in a little half and half. Heat until cheese is melted.
Spoon potatoes on a platter and top with chicken
and avocado mixture.



 A sneak peek of a few Christmas decorations around here.
Fresh greens are my favorite this year.

Enjoy,
Hope

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated as always Hope!!! LOVED looking at the pictures of Chewity's baby boy... what a darlin son!!!! So happy for them.. please give them my regards!! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks so good! I'll be pinning this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete