Saturday, June 8, 2013

Potato Nest With Eggs

This past week has been a long one. My husband and I did a five day liver cleanse. Which includes awaking to a shake with fruit juice, garlic, ginger root and olive oil. The kind of shake that makes you want to get out of bed running- running away, that is. We did stick it out and feel great! If you are interested go here.

So today I could cook! After a whole week of not cooking I was about in the loony bin. I made one of our breakfast favorites- which has no technical name so I have named it, potato nest with eggs, so creative.


Slice up some potatoes and throw them in a hot skillet with oil.
Add chopped onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Once the potatoes are soft make a little nest for your eggs.
Add your eggs and top them off with a little half and half.
This keeps things moist and luscious. Sprinkle the egg yolks with salt.
Reduce heat, cover and cook until almost set.
 Top with sharp cheddar or any cheese you like.
Turn off heat and cover until the cheese is melted.


 We can eat this whole skillet by ourselves. Pigs we are.

I think I better quit writing before things get out of hand.
It's late and I need my bed. 

Blessings,
Hope

3 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to make this. Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies, but what is half and half ? I am in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete