Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Coleslaw Dressing

I love good coleslaw.

I recently went to a restaurant that had excellent pork but their slaw was just lacking. I like a creamy dressing with grated cabbage. Just enough sweet but not too sweet with some zip at the end.

I found this through a friend and love it. I just buy a head of cabbage and grate it in my food processor. Then I have a ready made slaw for meals all week.



 Coleslaw Dressing

1 small onion
2/3-3/4 cup sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup vinegar
4 Tbsp. Mayo
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. celery seed

Blend well in a blender and chill until ready to toss on cabbage.


Enjoy,
Hope
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never been quite satisfied with my cole slaw dressing recipe and I want to try this! I don't use celery seed, do you know if there is any substitute for it, or can I just skip it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete